Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Because it Bears Repeating

"Why aren't you interested?"

"It isn't that I'm not interested, just that if I get involved, I'll have to deal with you leaving."

"I won't leave, I'd never do that!"





"You will."

"I won't, I promise."

"It's sweet, the way you believe that makes any difference."

"Why would you say something like that?!"

"It's okay, I don't blame you. It isn't your fault."

"What?"

"You're attracted to me, now, because you're broken. Maybe a little confused, lacking a sense of direction and purpose. Maybe you hurt, maybe a lot. Maybe you're just a little lost. Being with me will change that. I will take your pain and brokenness apart, piece by piece, and give you something to hold onto until you can stand on your own."

"That's..."

"And when that's done, all the things that attract you to me now will seem much less interesting. You'll wonder what else there is, and you'll leave. It isn't your fault, any more than it was any of the others' faults. I don't blame you, I just don't feel like going through it again right now. I'm sorry."

- C

No comments:

Post a Comment