Monday, January 16, 2012

Wilde Thing

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." - Oscar Wilde

Interesting how poets tend to capture things so succinctly...at least if you don't realize that half of poetry is cutting away the words that mean nothing to find something more.



Been awhile, hasn't it? I tend to do this - get a good momentum going with my creative juices, so to speak, and then leave it hanging. I'm a tease that way, I suppose.

Today I'm feeling a little sick, and hoping that it doesn't develop into something worse. I can't afford that, with classes starting Tuesday.

I can't afford anything, now that I've mentioned it. Financial aid has to process some form I turned in, and until that's done I won't get a dime from them - despite the fact that the government has already approved my loan for the year, not just the semester. I'll take this moment to say a hearty "Fuck you" to bureaucracy.

Speaking of government, I find myself already sick of political campaigns. Why in the world should I vote for yet another in the series of nimrods running for office? Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Barack Obama...for all the difference I see between them, Ann Coulter may as well be running. Oh, right, we already have the dose of insanity given by Rick Santorum. Are you kidding me?

You want me to believe in change, fine. Change the system. It's broken. The whole, bloated, inefficient thing. Not Medicare, not Social Security, the entire federal government. So long as career politicians are able to exist, this country will do nothing but backpedal. That may sound callous and inconsiderate, since I'm sure a few of these folks are nice people...but reality isn't nice. It has nothing to do with being able to navigate the maze of red tape in Congress/etc - it has everything to do with the fact that our "Representatives" haven't got the smallest idea what it is like to live in the places they claim to represent.

But that's enough ranting, for now. I'll save the real political stuff for closer to election time. It'll feel more relevant then.

Aside from the financial issues and the illness, I'm actually doing alright for a change. Grandma took a trip to the hospital last week, but it wound up being a urinary tract infection - granted, unpleasant, but not serious. Mom is also doing okay. We're all broke together, now.

I'm writing again, though, and I'm slowly eating away at the paranoia that was running my life there for awhile. I find that I feel more lucid, most days.

I doubt that makes a great deal of sense, as I'm not insane on the outside...I do have a fairly firm grip on reality. The lucidity comes more from not allowing darkness to cloud things up. It's an easy trap to fall into, and one I'm all too familiar with clawing my miserable way out of.

That, however, is a post for another time. Right now I feel okay, and I'm going with that.

Have a nice night, folks.

- C

No comments:

Post a Comment