Thursday, June 23, 2011

More Random Thoughts

I think this could become a trend. It's fun, and I can write very stream-of-consciousness...much less of a pain than trying to format what I'm thinking into really coherent arguments.




First - Nazi Robo-Zombies. Best. Idea. Ever.

On a semi-related note, I have completely lost faith in sites like imdb.com and rottentomatoes. I mean, sure, people have different opinions and having a general measure of what the populace believes is sometimes useful. But Sucker Punch was a fantastic film, and this trend of any director who tries something different being ostracized like we're all kids in high school? It's for the birds. I hate to break it to you all, but Avatar was -not- a spectacular film. It was not ground-breaking. It was Fern Gully in space. The graphics technology involved isn't new - it has been around for almost a decade. Go watch Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, and try arguing with me on that point.
So yeah - either the people who frequent these sites have become absolute snobs, or they simply have lost the ability to appreciate innovation. Most of the time they are relatively reasonable, but of late I find them less and less reliable. Fuck the masses, I like my weird shit.

Getting paid is really nice, particularly when the check has way more hours on it than you expect.

I need more new music. That said, the soundtrack to Sucker Punch was genius, and the new Egypt Central album is like crack.

If you haven't checked it out already, Politifact.com is a really cool resource, and pretty damn funny. They independently verify statements made by politicians and pundits alike - you might be surprised by it. Everybody knows these people lie, but do you realize precisely how often?

Last, but not least - days off are amazing, but it is entirely too damn hot for being so early in the summer. Next up? Transferring my rules for life, revision II or some such. See you folks later.

- C

2 comments:

  1. You totally need to get that soundtrack!! That money never goes as far as you think it will. It seems like the bigger my checks are, the less they actually pay for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..."need to get?" How long have you known me, silly woman?

    I imagine that bit about money is a universal truth...in fact, adding it to the list. =)

    ReplyDelete