Thursday, May 17, 2012

Break My Fall

So there's this interesting feature of hitting rock bottom that is seldom-mentioned.



Hitting rock bottom does give you ground to stand on. Granted, there's only cold, hard truth waiting for you there. There isn't any comfort in it - that's long past.

When you hit, though, things break. Sometimes important things, sometimes irrelevant and ephemeral things. Consider it like the snapping of bones from a physical fall.

You're supposed to get up and climb out. But you, like me, have forgotten that your arms and legs are broken and need healing.

Lacking comfort, perhaps lacking even another living soul...what does the healing?

Some will tell you time. They either lie deliberately or have never known real suffering.

The reality, so far as I can tell, is that hope does the healing. Even the most threadbare strand of it can become an anchor to drag yourself out of the proverbial muck.

I gave up hope to try and heal a different wound, though. This is now a bit of a problem.
I'm not quite sure how to get it back.

I'm also thoroughly sick of being stuck here.

- C

No comments:

Post a Comment